Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 8

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my cannon beams to work. I always had the habit of using rects and images in my classes, but at least now I learned a different approach to using classes. All I need to fix with the cannons is that they never miss the player. It would not be fun to play an impossible game. So I am going to set a range of x values that are around the x value of the player ship. So that in most cases the beam will keep missing. But the thing is, I do not want cannon beams to actually hit the ship. I would rather have them miss by a little bit every time so that the player will get scared and end up moving towards the direction of the beam. However, if the player finds out that the beams always missing, then they can just stay in the same place the whole time with a minimal amount of moving to shoot the cannons. I am thinking that I might have a cannonMiss counter that will see if the player has been in the same spot and that the cannon has missed the player three times, then it will hit the player immediately. Once I am done with this, I can move on to my player beams, which should not be so hard

1 comment:

  1. So, if somebody learns the pattern, would they wait for the cannons to miss 5 times before moving? Or would it be a situation where if you didn't get them by the fifth time, you automatically die?

    Perhaps you could have the cannons at random intervals detect where the player's ship is. At different intervals, the cannon fires at the last location it "saw" the ship. That way, it would encourage players to keep moving...

    ReplyDelete